The Organization’s Issue
The organization lacked a strategic plan, short / long-term goals, and operated in fire-fighter mode. The Board of Directors and lenders expressed frustration and a lack of confidence in the executive team’s ability to strategically operate to meet objectives. The significant compliance and financial strains caused a struggle to balance daily operations and tactical priorities with the strategic priorities. The failure to implement strategic priorities delayed holistic approaches to growth as the organization operated without mission, vision, or value statements. This caused a disconnect with the staff.
- Collaborated with the leadership team to form the vision, mission, and core values.
- Held an executive workshop to introduce the SWOT analysis concept, new to most team members.
- Helped the team recognize the possibility of mitigating risks and capitalizing on strengths.
- Led workshops to develop the first set of strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with the newly created vision, mission, and values.
- Created a tracking system with clear deadlines and scheduled monthly problem-solving meetings.
- Completed five strategic initiatives annually by executing business plans and setting goals, analyzing data, and assessing project management.
Improved the relationship and level of transparency between the Board of Directors and the organization which created a greater level of trust and collaboration for all the Shareholders.